Saturday, March 22, 2014

Games (Thing #20)

I'm doing Thing #20 out of order, because I found a really cool new app I want to try out for my hobby (#19), but that has to wait until tomorrow.  So...

I love game nights with friends and family, playing CatchPhrase, Taboo, Wits & Wagers, Bezzerwizzer, and more.  Computer games is a completely different story.   I'm constantly getting invites from people to play Candy Crush, Mafia Wars, etc.  Of those, I've tried just Dice with Buddies & Words with Friends, that I play for a while and enjoy, but the truth is, I'm not much of a computer games person.

Word Games definitely hold the most appeal to me, so I tried Word Collapse.  I would've tried Wordmaster too, but it wasn't compatible with my device.  For what Word Collapse was, it was pretty fun!  

You are given a puzzle that contains hidden words based on a theme.  Your job is to find the hidden theme words within the puzzle, and do so in the right order.  As you find words and select them, those letter tiles disappear and the remaining tiles move together.  If you eliminate words in the wrong order and run out of moves, you have to start over at the beginning of that level.  Word Collapse reminded me of the Bejeweled, except for with letters not shapes?  There are 10, 20, or 35 levels within each theme, with more letters in the puzzle and more words to find within the puzzle as you increase in level.  The "starter pack" or free version of the game has 15 themes for 185 puzzles.  It didn't take me much longer than 10 minutes to complete the first three themes of animals, fruit, and cities, so I'd guess it won't take me very long before I complete the free version completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment