Wednesday, January 15, 2014

23 Mobile Things MN - Thing #1

Why am I doing this?  What do I hope to get out of the 23 Mobile Things MN program?

Libraries, they are a-changin'.  Constantly.  As a relatively young librarian, I have already seen countless changes in the profession, yet can't even fathom the amount of changes I will see in the years to come.   
Librarians need to be vigilant to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies. We need to take advantage of every opportunity to keep on our toes, to evolve, to use the tools available to us.

At its core, libraries are about making connections.  Connections with information,  connections with patrons, connections with each other.

I can't wait to explore new mobile tools to utilize in connecting with our patrons (going where they already are), and to share and connect with other MN librarians as we learn 23 Mobile Things together!

Also, bonus.  From a complete library nerd standpoint, I love learning.  I miss school and directed-learning  and homework.  A self-paced and self-directed program such as 23 Mobile Things MN provides a balance between "homework" and being tailored to my personal and professional life...and prevents me from deciding I need to go back to school this very second!

Ready, set, mobile!



No comments:

Post a Comment